Events & Attractions
Centrally located in Massachusetts, in the Heart of New England is a hidden jewel of culture, arts, special events and adventures waiting to be revealed. The Wachusett Region located in Central Massachusetts for your next getaway and experiences all our distinctive area has to offer! Below are Special Events and just a few ideas of local attractions in the area.
Ring in the New Year with Wachusett Village Inn!!!
View our Specialized Menu Here.
- Wachusett Mountain
4-miles away Wachusett Mountain has a long history of tourism on the mountain. The first hotel was constructed on the summit in 1882. A new summit hotel was constructed in 1907 and continued operations until it was destroyed by fire in 1970. Over 600,000 people visit the mountain year round with at least half of that number visiting the Wachusett Mountain State Reservation in the spring, summer and fall.
- Leominster State Forest
The forest offers recreational opportunities year round, ranging from mountain biking and swimming in the summer to cross country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter. Nature lovers will enjoy the numerous hiking trails, the prolific mountain laurel bloom in late June, early July and the opportunity to observe all kinds of wildlife.
- Mid-State Trail
You can start hiking up the Midstate Trail right here in our back property. The trail is a scenic footpath located in Worcester County, 45 miles west of Boston. This 95 mile hiking trail extends from Rhode Island crossing the gentle hills of central Massachusetts and eventually connecting to the Wapack Trail in New Hampshire. The Midstate Trail is highly accessible, easy to hike and the best way to enjoy the natural side of the region.
Gardens and Farms Tour
- Clearview Farm Sterling only 13-miles to Pick your own apples, peaches, pumpkins, raspberries, blueberries, flowers, herbs, vegetables, cider, baked goods, jam, syrup, honey. They are open mid August thru December.
- Davis Farmland and Mega Maze
Sterling MA 15-miles - Every season is different in New England, and at Davis Farmland, you'll find that every season is special and unique. Whatever the season, the day belongs to your family at Davis Farmland. We think you'll agree its hands on FUN for everyone!
- Tower Hill Botanical Gardens
20-miles away The Worcester County Horticultural Society was incorporated in 1842 as a nonprofit “educational organization for the purpose of advancing the science and encouraging and improving the practice of horticulture . . ." The Worcester County Horticultural Society (WCHS) the third oldest horticultural society in the U.S.A., is the Governing the nonprofit organization that owns and operates Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
- Museum of Russian Icons Clinton MA 18-miles from the Inn. The collection includes more than 400 Russian icons, the largest collection of its kind in North America, and one of the largest private collections outside of Russia. The collection spans six centuries, and includes important historical paintings dating from the earliest periods of icon “writing” to the present.
- Fitchburg Art Museum Fitchburg MA 6-miles with Fourteen galleries housing a diverse collection of American and European paintings, prints, drawings, ceramics and decorative arts as well as Greek, Roman, Asian and pre-Columbian antiquities. In addition, the Museum organizes temporary exhibitions of works from other museums, private collections, and emerging and established contemporary artists.